U.S. President Donald Trump said it would ban TikTok, a popular Chinese video app operating in China. After several hours, people became crazy about social media because they asked to enable the service of the U.S. short video hosting social network platform.
Trump told reporters on “Air Force One” on Friday, “As far as TikTok is concerned, we prohibit them from entering the United States.”
Hill said he may use emergency economic powers or an executive order to formally prohibit the company from listing in the United States as early as Saturday.
The president said: “Well, I have the power. I can do this through executive orders.” He said that he does not support allowing American companies to buy TikTok.
TikTok ban sparked memes festival
Trump’s announcement of the ban on TikTok has aroused enthusiastic responses on social media, and online users hope the authorities will bring Vine back to replace the Chinese video-sharing application.
A Twitter user shared a video from WWE’s “Undertaker” standing up from his grave. He commented: “Vines came out of the grave to protect Tiktok from being banned in 2020.”
Another Twitter user quoted TikTok’s negative impact on children as saying: “TikTok is a combination of adults who dance, dance on sexual predators and boots, bringing back the comedy geniuses without problems to Vine.”
Then came another Twitter user, who said: “Now tiktok is gone…” The rest of the users resonated.
Microsoft intends to acquire TikTok US business
At the same time, Trump’s announcement came a few hours after reports that Microsoft was negotiating to buy TikTok from the Beijing company ByteDance.
The release of the report coincides with news media reports that Trump is considering signing an executive order requiring ByteDance to divest the US portion of TikTok, because of concerns that the company may provide sensitive US data collected through the app to China Communist Party (CCP), The Hill News website said.
Trump administration officials have taken action against TikTok for several weeks due to ties to China.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made a similar comment earlier this month, announcing that the US government is considering banning Chinese apps including TikTok due to national security issues.
The US President’s announcement was also made nearly a month after India banned 59 Chinese apps, including TikTok, on June 29 due to national security issues.
Pompeo welcomed India’s move, saying that the “clean apps” policy would promote New Delhi’s national security against Chinese spies.
He said: “We welcome India’s ban on certain mobile applications that can be used as an appendage to the CCP’s surveillance of the country. India’s “clean application” approach will enhance India’s sovereignty and will also enhance India’s integrity and national security, just like India The government itself said.” Said.
(Use IANS input)